The Best Methods For Decluttering
Decluttering is a significant step towards an organized life. Although the process may be time-consuming, in the end, you’ll realize the benefits you will experience when you live in a decluttered, clean, and organized home. You may find yourself confused about where and when to begin your decluttering, but our space crew is here to help you make room in your home with some useful tips.
Before we dive into the best decluttering methods, let us first enumerate the benefits of a clean and orderly home. By the end of this blog, you’ll also discover how renting a storage unit can help you in the process.
Benefits Of Decluttering Your Space
- More Time – With an organized home, you’ll be able to spend more time on the activities you want to enjoy. You don’t have to spend long hours to find your tennis racket in a mountain of clutter.
- More Productivity- With enough time on your hands, it will allow you to become more productive and get things done faster.
- Better Sleep – Who would not have a comfortable sleep with a clean and organized bedroom? Sleep more soundly with a decluttered home.
- More Focus – When you’re working from home, it will be challenging to maintain your focus when you have a cluttered workspace.
- Improved Mood – A clean and organized space clears your head and improves your mood.
- Earn From Your Clutter – As you begin to organize and segregate your belongings, you can have the opportunity to sell some items that you no longer need.
- Personal Freedom – Perhaps the best benefit that decluttering your space can give you is freedom. Some clutter carries emotional baggage that may get in the way of enjoying your time.
Best Methods For Decluttering
To prevent you from feeling overwhelmed when organizing your clutter, you can begin small. You can always start with 5 minutes at a time and slowly build your momentum. Tackle one room a week until you organize your way into your entire house. It helps to create a decluttering schedule and checklist to help you become more organized.
Have Some Friends Or Family To Help
There’s nothing better than having close friends or a few family members helping you with decluttering. It will make your experience enjoyable. It can also be a great way to spend time with loved ones.
The 4-Box Method
Have you heard of the 4-Box method? This can help you tremendously when sorting your excess belongings. Simply prepare four boxes and label them with the following:
- Give Away/ Donate to Charity
For this method to be successful, you’ll need to go through each of your things one by one. It may take time, but this will give you an idea of how much you own and at the same time recognize what you want to do with each of your things, such as keeping them inside a storage unit.
The KonMari Method
Popularized by Marie Kondo, this method involves having to go through all your things and determine whether they spark joy or not- if they do, keep them. However, there may be many things worth keeping but don’t have enough space to store them. This is where storage spaces for rent can help.
Store Your Surplus Belongings At Extra Space
You don’t have to worry about having enough space for your beloved possessions. Extra Space can provide you with a storage unit enough for your space requirements. You can always visit us at our facility for more information.